Please Share

Saturday, February 7, 2015


Welcome to my blog! My name is Debbie and I have been cooking and creating new recipes for more than 40 years. I have always had a keen interest in cooking and as a child I was glued to Saturday afternoon PBS broadcasts of some of the leading chef's of the day. From Julia Child and Jeff Smith to Ming Chow, Jacques Pepin and Sarah Moulton, great chef's have always fascinated me.

Of course, today, with the Food Network and the cooking channel, there is even more opportunity to expand my repertoire and glean new ideas for family favorites. Unfortunately, I'm finding that a lot of what's out there is now leaning more towards reality TV and less towards actually cooking and teaching, but it's a great way to glean new ideas and transform these ideas and recipes into dishes my family will enjoy.

I owned a catering business for several years and hosted many parties and events for family and friends, but today I primarily enjoy cooking for my 5 kids and showing them the fun and excitement of trying new dishes. Whether it's Vietnamese Pho Ga or homemade chips and cheese, we've found that cooking together is not only a great way to bond as a family, but it offers us an exceptional way to try many new things, even on a budget.

Several years ago I started a cooking website, DebbieNet.com, this is where I have posted many of our favorite recipes and will continue to update this site with even more delicious dishes on a regular basis. My girls are turning into wonderful cooks themselves and I have even dedicated a section of my site to kid-friendly selections.

One unique focus I have tried to implement into my website is an easy to follow format with detailed pictures and instructions. With step by step photos and valuable information to help you succeed, I know you'll find it easy to whip up something delicious.

Please visit me on DebbieNet.com and check out some of my family's favorite foods. If you have something you would like to see featured, don't hesitate to ask and be sure to leave feedback and let me know what you think of the recipes you try. Feedback is always appreciated and I'm always here to answer your questions

Happy Cooking!.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment. We'd love to hear from you!